The benefits of foot and calf massager therapy are countless: reducing stress levels, improve sleep and overall mental health, relieve muscle tension and localized pain, lower blood pressure, and many more. Massages can be performed in different areas of the body and most likely, each of them will bring you a specific benefit as, as per the reflexology chart, different pressure points are linked to a particular internal function or organ.
One of the best areas to focus on is the feet as they are a gathering spot for a lot of crucial functions and a massage there can deliver one of the best massage experiences you could get. By extension, calves massage is the natural outreach of a foot massage and it just feels as good. Sometimes calves/legs massages are forgotten to the detriment of feet/back/neck/shoulder massages, much more popular. Calves/thighs massages are more seen as completely dedicated to sports therapy and for professional athletes, however, getting a calves massage can totally help you get more relaxed and relieve the stress accumulated on the legs area.
Not all of us have the time or can afford to visit a massage therapist or a kinesitherapy often, so we can rely on some very nice calf massager that we do this duty and allow us to enjoy the benefits of a calf massager at home.
Miko Shiatsu Foot, Ankle & Calf Massager With Heat
Miko is a pretty widespread and well-known brand of massaging and wellness devices. These legs, foot, ankle, and calf massager are some of the most complete devices that they have developed and put on the market. It has specifically designed massaged pads that will recreate the sensation of a wavy nice massage on your feet, calves, and ankles, which is really enjoyable as most of the calf massager units do not particularly aim to ankle, but as it is the point of junction between the legs and feet, it is submitted to a lot of pressure and a massage especially targeting that area feels really great.
On top of that, you will be able to have a vibration option well, which is quite different from the deep kneading: if the kneading option is more relaxing; the vibration one will make you feel invigorated and will refill you with energy. According to how you feel, you might need and want different levels of intensity in your massage for that, you can choose between three different settings for either vibration and massage. If you feel like combining both, it’s an option and you can use it in a “mix and match” combo.
The device itself comes in Gray and Black, it measures 24″ x 18″ x 10″ inches and weighs 20 pounds. It can seem a bit heavy and difficult to carry around but you have two handles on the side to lift it easily. The adjustable bracket on the bottom of the leg, foot and ankle massager will enable you to achieve the perfect angle and inclination for your relaxation session. The deep tissues in your calves and feet will thank you for that.
- Vibration & Kneading Massager
- Ankle Massaging
- Customizable settings
- Shiatsu Foot Massager
Heated Lower Leg Massager By Hammacher Schlemmer
Here could be the leg massager that combines Shiatsu therapy and heat to reestablish tired feet and calves. Position at the base of a chair, the gadget cradles both legs at the same time. While warmth — delivered via atmosphere — helps burn tension, the pressure is applied by the system in 2 ways, causing blood flow to knead outside of parasites. It also arouses your body’s healing methods to help accelerate recovery from injury or fatigue. Meanwhile, the foot rollers aim reflexology points onto the arches and heels, relieving pain and bringing exactly what multiple reviewers at the Hammacher Schlemmer Institute referred to as”full-body relaxation.” A center control panel enables users to fix brightness, pick just two Shiatsu signature quantities from three exercise programs, and operate a shaking atmosphere without heating. The gadget tilts to get the ideal angle, and also, the inserts remove laundering. 1 9″ L x 18″ W x 18″ D. (25 pounds )
- Human-like massage.
- It does not compress the foot, ankle, and calf.
- Soothing heat.
- Underfoot reflexology massage.
- Foot Vibration for Circulation
Human Touch Reflex 5s Foot & Calf Massager
The Figure-Eight action rejuvenates tired toes to increase comfort and supporting the crux of the human body and caresses throats. The Reflex5s incorporates a favorite complementary and holistic treatment, which enhances and benefits general health in addition to relieving tension and pain. It is an integral ingredient in getting a balanced lifestyle! The Human Touch® Reflex5s Foot and Calf Massager is the healing art of massage as well as the best bridge between CirQlation ® and Figure-Eight ® Technologies, highlighting precisely the methods. It isn’t easy to believe it is not human.
- Figure-Eight® and CirQlation® Technologies
- Removable and Washable Sleeve Inserts
- Adjustable Tilt
- Slip Resistant: Yes
- Two Massage Motion Settings
- Under-Foot Massage Rollers
- Therapy Type: Rolling; Kneading; Pressure
- Cord Length: 78 Inches
Human Touch Reflex Swing Pro
The Human Touch® Reflex SWING Pro Foot, Calf, and Thigh Massager crosses from your lower calves, all of the way to your upper thighs employing a full-motion swing arm that provides five comfort places, which makes it effortless to discover deep soothing relief exactly where you need it most! The Reflex SWING Pro additionally uses underfoot massage to relieve pain and stress, and advanced CirQlation ® and Figure-Eight ® Technologies with the ancient healing art of massage, emulating the same techniques. The nerves are massaged by patented Figure-Eight Technology in an upward, rolling, or wave-like movement, rejuvenating and caressing sore throats feet by shoving blood away from the toes and toward the core of the human body to boost circulation. CirQlation movement combines advanced with the vibration that was underfoot and Warm Air Technology to improve and benefit general health, relieving stress, and pain unlike any other in different parts of the body for a massage experience.
- Advanced Technology for Targeted Relief
- Adjustable Swing Arm
- 5 Comfort Positions
- CirQlation Technology with Underfoot Reflexology
- Powerful Massage
- Warm Air Technology
- Two vibration speeds
- Easy Carry Handles
Shiatsu Kneading Rolling Vibration Heating Foot and Calf Massager Personal Health Studio Leg Beautician by HmRelax
This foot and calf massager will satisfy a lot of us through its variety of choice in terms of functionalities but first, we can have a look at the appearance: it comes in an elegant burgundy and black and it has modern looks (it comes also in a more classic silver-grey). It’s a pretty big device (roughly 20*18*16) and weighs about 27 pounds. The inner fabric can be removed thanks to the zips and can be washed so that you can keep your calf massager clean and in a good state all the time.
As for the functionalities, you will find four buttons on the top at the center of this calf massager, between the two legs insertions. The first will be to turn “on” and “off” the power, the second button “foot” will activate the foot massaging part of this device and the rubbing will be performed only on the foot area; you will be able to choose between three levels of intensity, the third button “legs” will activate the massage on the calves area, and here also you’ll be able to choose between three different settings, the fourth and last button “heat” will release heat through all the massage area, and again, you can choose between three levels of heat.
The foot and calf kneading will help you relax and ease the pain and stress that has been put on the feet and legs in general. This foot and calf massager has been conceived based on shiatsu massage therapy and is configured to aim at specific pressure points. The only negative point here is that it might not be suitable for people with very large calves as it can be too tight, hence uncomfortable.
+ Foot and calf massager
+ Heat function
+ Zippable fabric for better hygiene
+ Shiatsu massage
– Not suitable for larger calves
INSTA SHIATSU FOOT AND CALF MASSAGER
We tend to abuse our feet a lot by cramming them into shoes and standing on them for long hours. That is why several people suffer from a high degree of discomfort and foot pain in the late evening hours. But those painful days are gone with the introduction of this professional InstaShiatsu foot and calf massager.
- Professional Spa-Like Massage: Indulge yourself with a Shiatsu massage to relax your tired aching feet, ankles, and calf muscles. You can use three different massage modes to ease muscle soreness and reduce fatigue to provide you immediate comfort. You can personalize your spa-quality experience with this versatile massager by adjusting its compression intensity, speed, and vibration levels. Air compression feature can gently relieve tension in your calf muscles and ankles. Moreover, heat function can provide extra relaxation and comfort.
- Easy Maintenance with a user-friendly interface: There is no pleasure more significant than the relaxing feeling of massage, especially after a long working day. It is now possible to pamper yourself with a professional massage routine in the comfort of your home. Schedule your massage experience with your flexible timing. The massager device features an easy-access control panel to give you a custom massage experience in line with your needs. You can manage the device settings with easy to understand buttons. Furthermore, an inbuilt auto-shutoff feature gets activated after continuous use of more than fifteen minutes. This safety feature can extend the device’s life and eliminate any potential of repetitive injury due to overuse of the machine.
- Realistic Shiatsu Massage: Enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of a realistic Shiatsu massage experience with InstaShiatsu+ Foot and Calf Massager. However, it could feel intense to some people, especially beginners. Hence, we recommend to start using this device at its lowest setting for the first time and then slowly increase the speed, vibration, or compression levels as you get used to them. You can quickly plug the device into any standard AC outlet as it looks elegant in any home or office ambiance.
PROS OF FOOT AND CALF MASSAGER
- Realistic experience with deep-kneading Shiatsu Massage.
- A spa-quality massage with never having to step into a spa.
- Targets feet and calf area, which get maximum abuse during the day.
- Customized massage by adjusting three levels of speed, vibration, and compression.
- Heat option for extra relaxation.
- Auto-shutoff safety feature.
- Aesthetic design.
CONS OF FOOT AND CALF MASSAGER
- It may be intense for first-time users.
- No Remote control.
REI Calf And Foot Massager
The streamlined and trendy Synca foot and calf massager Lumbar Ottoman Massager complements insides. Put it by the chair or sofa, and you’re able to rejuvenate and de-stress if you have just a little moment in your busy schedule. A sophisticated and streamlined design, the REI massager only takes a small footprint.
Full sole reflexology foot massage range is connected with gentle calf compression to supply a successful and healing massage encounter. Japanese Shiatsu + Gua sha reﬂexology therapy, combined with a triple layout barrel foot roller, delivers full-foot coverage, targeting the feet Plantar Fascia muscle.
Shiatsu Calf Roller Layout
You are relieving stiffness in the Feet throughout your nerves. The mechanical shiatsu roller massages the backside of the calf to provide muscle strain reducing massage-therapy.
Gua Sha Roller Layout
An efficient sole Gua Sha Shiatsu roller will work the entire arch of your foot and offer needed relief following a long day.
Shiatsu Roller Layout
Full foot massage of both Shiatsu rollers and Gua Sha roller across the foot’s span exhilarates blood circulation. It supplies a larger area of approach to the foot than additional foot massagers.
PROS OF FOOT AND CALF MASSAGER
- Calf airbags softly use compression therapy out of both side but might be fortified to supply more robust compression if required.
- The foot airbag’s grip further prompts blood flow after group with all the foot roller system.
- The Achilles therapy gentle gripping heel massage arouses Tsubo and massages your tight Achilles.
- Heat dissipates deep into your tissues boosting flow and separating toxins up.
- Moderate rhythmic vibration offers a massage to decrease anxiety in tougher to reach regions.
CONS OF FOOT AND CALF MASSAGER
- No remote control.
How To Pick My Foot And Calf Massager ?
- Needs: Why are you looking to get a foot and calf massager? Constant pain in the legs area, more feet-ankle area? In need of pure relaxation? Once you get your first leg massage you can measure how valuable it is and you can totally evaluate its worth for you. You might not understand you need such a massage until you get your first leg massage and then, it pulls out a trigger that will make you decide whether you need regular leg & calf massages or not. When you determine you need a foot and calf massager, you need to jump to the following factor and understand what are functionalities that are the most relevant to you.
- Functionalities: A Foot and calf massage can be specific yet very general, you need to see what is the part that you appreciate the most during a foot/calf massage? Do you like the heat sensation? Do you like vigorous pressure? Or do you like maybe a more gentle touch to relax? We tried to single out all the functionalities in the reviewed foot and calf massagers in order to help you realize what you are really looking into such a device. That being said, your health should be your top priority and the benefits of acquiring a foot and leg massager will also depend on your health condition.
- Health condition: How do you qualify your health? It is important to consider the fact that having a foot and calf massager at home can be absolutely anodyne for a healthy person just like it could be much more important for a person with specific health conditions as diabetes, blood circulation problems, obesity, and other conditions. If you know you are in the latter category and are undergoing regular check-ups and/or treatments, have a chat with your practitioner to know what he advises on the use of a foot and calf massager.
- Budget: Those devices are usually quite pricey and the selection we made ranks from 250$ to 500$ +. Those are average prices for foot and calf massager. If you are looking at this article, you probably already decided to invest in one of these machines. You need simply to find out what’s the maximum investment you are ready to make and which device represents the best deal for you, aka value for money. If you did not set up a budget already, try to determine how long it’s going to take you to see some ROI. The weekly/monthly frequency of use can be a good indicator: if you plan to use this massager weekly (twice or three times), you can opt for the high-end options. If you think you’re going to “play” with it initially and then use occasionally, then opt for the mid-range. If you go regularly to see a therapist calculate how many visits you can put into the price of the machine (we bet not more than 3-4 visits and then the machine will make you save money soon enough).
The Benefits of a Foot And Calf Massager:
- Relaxation: A massage is meant to bring an overall well being sensation to your body and a lower body massage is no exception to this rule. Caution: it feels so good that you could fall asleep without noticing!
- Lower stress levels: It is scientifically proven that massage stimulates the release of endorphins aka natural painkillers and mood elevators. This will help some level of stress and anxiety to lower dramatically and offer you an “off” moment where your body would not feel tensed. It is important to “let it go” to make the body -and spirit- have a rest.
- Improves blood circulation: The pressure and other circular elaborated movements offered by foot and calf massager really help to improve blood circulation as it increases the blood flows to the tissues. In this particular case, a deep tissue calf massage would be the most helpful.
- Reduces muscular pain and tension: When under solicited, the muscles tend to get more rigid and to “shrink out”, so a lot of movements can become pain afterward as the muscles are not used anymore to be flexible. Stress can also be an important factor in muscular rigidity and a regular foot and calf massager session will help to ease the stress, pain, and tension out.
- Helps to recover after exercise: Whether you are a fond sportsman or just an occasional gym attendee or maybe you enjoy a Sunday morning jogging, sport and physical activity, in general, can request a lot to your muscles, tendons, and general feet and leg structure. It is always nice to indulge in a foot and calf massage session after doing physical efforts, especially if you worked out more than what you would usually do.
All the foot and calf massagers that we have reviewed here above are great devices to have at home and all feature great technology. We particularly appreciate the extensive customization possible on the calf massager by Human Touch that allows you to build custom-made massage anytime you need for any kind of experience you are looking for. The MIKO offers a great advantage with the thighs massaging piece, that can stretch out the benefits of a massage to the higher part of your legs; and last but not least, the Heated Lower Leg Massager By Hammacher Schlemmer is a little revolution in the foot and calf massager world, as it’s the closest you can get to a human massage and it does really make a real difference with the usual pressure massage.
Now it’s up to you to decide which is the feature you are looking for most in a foot/leg/ankle/calf massager: Speed? Heat? Maximum area cover? It is very important to get the device that will best suit your needs in order to fully enjoy it.
Also we have Post on 5 Best Electric Foot Massager, Check it Out.