Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 Review
Bowflex is a leader in innovative home fitness products. The Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 machine offers an impressive walking workout with features matching their flagship models. It is the most popular Bowflex model as it provides a bouquet of features at a great price. Some people are skeptical that it does not burn enough calories at walking speeds. But empirical data and reliable studies have proved time and again that walking workouts on Bowflex Treadclimber are highly effective: up to 2.5 times more. To know why it is so, keep reading the review of this extraordinary masterpiece.
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100, a brand new entry-level model, has a design to facilitate low-impact workouts efficiently and effectively. Bowflex has introduced a new line of innovative models, where TC100 has a unique technology of three trainers rolled into one. On the one hand, it ensures low impact, whereas, on the other hand, it burns calories much faster.
The Treadclimber has two separate treadles having a moving belt with a maximum user weight capacity of 300lbs. Their up and down motions can burn up to 2.5x more calories than a conventional treadmill. There is a machine step platform in the rear part for safety. Although information about its motor drive system is publicly unavailable, we can infer from its decent weight capacity that it must have a reliable motor drive system. It has a top pace of only four mph which mimics walking. But don’t judge it merely by looks. It is a calorie torcher and burns them faster than walking or running.
Salient Features of Bowflex TreadClimber TC100
Unique Patented Design
Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 treadmill has a unique three-in-one design. You get a combination of three motions built into one machine, appropriate for a low-impact workout and safe for your joints. It has combined treadmill, elliptical, and stepper into one device to enjoy three activities simultaneously. This innovative product precisely answers the question that why we should run if we can walk.
You can enjoy workouts without compromising with a challenging exercise because it will burn up to 2.5 times more calories than conventional treadmills in as much time and speed. It runs at a comfortable pace of 0.5 to 4 miles per hour for a typical low-impact workout.
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 features dual-platform treadles, raising separately and burning more calories in half an hour than doing the same exercise on a traditional treadmill. It is the basic idea behind this 3-in-1 design. Initially, everyone is skeptical that it does not burn sufficient calories, but it is precisely the opposite considering positive customer reviews.
There are several instances where people buy treadmills, hoping to lose more weight. But they burn out after using treadmills for a few weeks because it is comparatively more strenuous than walking. The unique design of Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 ensures that you have a low-impact workout with high-impact results. It burns more calories comparatively, but you are not going to feel exhausted.
If you enjoy doing something, you are sure to reach your goals. Many people prefer going for a walk than opting for running. But just walking around the block will not help. You have to spend more time walking or brisk walking. This machine also lowers the entry barriers by making walking accessible to you. This unique treadmill works on the principle that If you can walk up or down a flight of stairs quickly, you can achieve your fitness goals with Bowflex Treadclimber. It permits you to enjoy what you do and burn more calories. All you have to do is walk on Bowflex TreadClimber TC100.
Overall, the Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 treadmill has a compact design with a smaller footprint giving a functional look because a machine that performs does not mean that it has to be bulky. It is surprising to see that the manufacturer has managed to keep the design compact despite combining three types of machines in one. It deserves full marks for a sleek design without compromising any performance feature.
Moreover, Bowflex has equipped its Treadclimber with transport wheels, strategically located to allow quick and easy movements around your area or store it when not in use. It means that your mean machine has excellent space-saving features that make it perfect for relatively little spaces. However, don’t just go by its small footprint. The manufacturer recommends that you should have an allowance for a little more area for proper body movements.
It even suggests a minimum ceiling height for obstacle-free movement. You can estimate the same by adding your size and a couple of inches to the treadle height at its highest point for a comfortable clearance. Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 comes with a height of 14.5 inches from the floor when your measure the treadles at their highest point. E.g., A person with a size of 5’8″ should add 14.5 inches plus a 2 to 2.5 inches allowance that makes a minimum ceiling height of 85 inches from the ground, but the more is always better.
What works here?
If we compare our Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 with a traditional cardio machine, there are two significant differences. The first one is a 3-in-1 motion. It forces your muscles to work differently. Secondly, you can start at a low resistance level, and once you get used to it, you can gradually increase the resistance. It is a deadly combination of these two features that work perfectly to your advantage. It is better than a brisk walk on a treadmill, even with an incline. Even the research supports these statements. The best part is that you don’t feel much worn out and tired after using it.
Let us understand the logic behind it. After a hectic exercise, there is a buildup of lactic acid in your bloodstream (mmol, i.e., Blood lactate). In a study, people who used Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 had lactic acid levels lower by 12% than a treadmill and 38% lower than with an elliptical. It implies that you get less tendency to stop doing exercise with a Ttreadclimber because it does not tire you that much.
Presently, Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 is available at an attractive price range of $1599. The company offers value for money if you consider getting virtually three machines in one: Treadmill, Stairclimber, and elliptical; all three rolled into one. It provides you with the best features of all of them, along with a promise of low-impact workouts.
It gets more affordable with the new updates to these models that bring more features to improve your overall comfort and enhance your performance, compared with its predecessor TC10. If you see the customers’ feedback on their website, in video footage, Shelly feels better at 38 than she did in her twenties, implying that it is not a bad deal after all.
Personal Fitness Goal Monitoring
There is a high probability that you share your treadmill with your partner. Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 has customizable options to monitor personal fitness metrics for up to 2 user profiles. It becomes easier to track and store personalized workout data to help you reach and meet your fitness goals.
Ordinary cardio machines are tiring and burn fewer calories than Bowflex. It is easier to achieve your fitness goals because TC100 burns more calories comparatively. Personal fitness goal monitoring also encourages you to push more and motivates you to keep making progress.
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 comes with a fantastic feature known as Goal-Oriented Coach (GO Coach) to set your goals and monitor progress against those goals over some time. It gives you a feeling similar to playing online games where you keep reaching new levels.
Console with Fully Backlit LCD
You get a roomier and more spacious console area on Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 than the earlier TC10 model. TC100 has an interactive console area with a backlit LCD. The design is more attractive with premium integrated heart-rate monitoring contact grip sensors. There is a media rack with oversized cup holders, a tablet holder, and space for holding a water bottle.
More importantly, there is one large screen instead of four small screens of its predecessor TC10. There are four electronic functions to measure and track speed, distance, time, and burnt calories. The built-in USB charging port will ensure that all your favorite devices stay charged up and are available exactly where you need them. Your smartphone, tablet, or music player will remain on redesigned media shelf.
Twelve Resistance Levels
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 comes with 12 resistance levels, where higher resistance levels make you feel as if you walked up or down a flight of stairs. You can customize your workout as per your unique preferences regarding fitness and comfort levels. These increasing resistance levels range from beginner to elite athlete, gradually increasing resistance to build your muscle endurance.
Why It Burns More Calories In As Much Time?
The secret behind Bowflex Treadclimber design is its patented 3-in-1 motion. It is well-known that you burn more calories if you perform cardio workouts at an incline. It is enough to learn that even 1% incline mimics a typical sweat-inducing exercise (to put things in perspective).
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 took it a step further. It combined the incline with two more motions: treadmill and elliptical that helped burn more calories than jogging or walking at the same speed. Again, this unique motion does not make you feel tired because it has much less lactic acid buildup. Therefore, people can stick with it over time.
BowFlex offers a worry-free warranty covering two years of 100% satisfaction on the entire machine, especially when you get a free Bowflex weight loss guide for optimum utilization of the Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 treadmill. It is a full coverage warranty that is valid for two years for the entire machine.
Moreover, there is a money-back guarantee of six weeks. That reflects well on the company’s confidence in its line of fitness products. If Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 does not meet your expectations, you can ship it back and get a refund of the purchase price without any questions asked. But we have seen hardly any customers who opt to return it because overall customer satisfaction is very high.
PROS OF BOWFLEX TREADCLIMBER TC100
- It has a unique 3-in-1 design, combining a treadmill, stepper, and elliptical. It is something like buy one, get two free.
- It offers a low-impact workout that is safe for your joints.
- According to a joint study by the Unversity of Wisconsin and Adelphi university, It can burn up to 2.5 x more calories than a conventional treadmill in as much time.
- It comes with a top speed of four miles per hour, typically suitable for a low-impact workout.
- The Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 treadmill has a compact design with a small footprint. And comes with transport wheels equipped for quick movements and storage, a typical space-saving feature.
- It recommends a minimum ceiling height for comfortable clearance based on user height and treadle height at the highest point. Simply put, you can add about 17 inches to your size.
- It has competitive pricing with motions of three machines and considerable improvements from its predecessor TC10.
- You can customize your goal monitoring by maintaining two user profiles for a personalized experience.
- The display has a fully backlit LCD indicating four key fitness metrics: time, distance, speed, and calories burnt. It has a single large screen instead of four small screens of TC10, which is an excellent enhancement from earlier models.
- It features an integrated heart rate monitor sensor in contact grips.
- The console has an improved design and comes with an oversized cup holder, water bottle holder, and a media rack cum tablet holder.
- It comes with a USB charging port in the console for convenient charging of smart devices.
- It is compatible with leading fitness apps: my fitness pal and UA Record.
- It features a worry-free guarantee of 2 years for the entire machine and provides a Bowflex weight loss guide.
- The GO Coach (Goal-Oriented coach) feature encourages you to put in more effort, thereby achieving your fitness goals.
- It offers innovative features at a low price, making it the most popular Bowflex model.
- It has a dual platform that raises separately to burn more calories. It mimics three motions into one machine.
- The lactic acid buildup is much lower than conventional cardio exercises. That is why you feel less pain in your muscles the day after.
- Its patented 3-in-1 motion burns more calories in as much time.
- It features 12 resistance levels: Ranging from beginner to Elite Athlete level.
- There is a money-back guarantee of 6 weeks with a full refund of purchase value without asking any questions.
- It inherits the substantial brand equity of Bowflex, with a wide range of reliable fitness products.
CONS OF BOWFLEX TREADCLIMBER TC100
- The warranty is only for two years for the entire machine and 90 days for labor, whereas other competing models in the same price bracket offer a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- The console area lacks full audio and entertainment features and a built-in cooling fan and Bluetooth connectivity. Audio connectivity and integrated speakers would have been welcome.
- The program variety is limited and remains the same as the previous TC10 model.
- As per a few customer reviews, it gets noisy at higher speeds.
Machine Specs of Bowflex TreadClimber TC100
1. Dimensions: 144.8 x 80 x149.9 cm or 57″ x 31.5″ x 59″ (L x W x H)
2. User Weight Capacity: Maximum 300 pounds (136 kg)
3. Top Speed: 4 miles per hour
4. Speed Range: 0.5 to 4 miles per hour
5. Folding option: No
6. Preset programs: 4 electronic functions (Calories burnt, time, distance, speed)
7. USB charging port: Inbuilt
8. Media Rack cum tablet holder: Yes
9. Water bottle holder/ Cup holder: Yes
10. Heart Rate monitoring: Integrated contact grips
11. Display: Fully backlit LCD
12. Bowflex worry-free Warranty: Two years on frame and parts, 90 days on labor
13. Bowflex weight loss guide: Included
14. Minimum ceiling weight: 14.5″ (36.8 cm) + User height
15. Assembled machine weight: 158 pounds (71.8 kg)
16. Transport Wheels: Yes
17. Color: Grey and black
18. Running area: Not applicable
19. Incline: Not applicable
20. Piston: dual
Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 is the best-selling three-in-one cardio device that yields efficient results with less tiring movements. It has made commendable enhancements from its earlier discontinued model TC10 in terms of screen and console design. This Treadclimber is affordable with durable construction.
Suppose we ignore its minor demerits like limited warranty, audio connectivity, limited programs, and noise. In that case, it is a perfect machine that is easy on your joints and your budget. Overall, it is a trustworthy machine with substantial brand equity of Bowflex.
Although we won’t recommend it to a runner, it is a perfect cardio exercise device for people who want to burn more calories but don’t want to get tired. The science behind its patented 3-in-1 design does the magic all the time.
Morphing into the perfect shape of your life has never been easier when all you must do is walk on Bowflex TreadClimber TC100!