Best Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
What is a Recumbent Bike
A Recumbent stationary bike is essentially an indoor exercise bike that allows you to exercise while shifting the weight from your upper back. In this manner, you can focus on the workout of your legs, ensuring safety and comfort. It is specifically crucial for users who have a history of any lower or upper back issues. It is called a recumbent position that shifts weight off your body parts. Or else it could lead to a painful or damaging workout with stress on your upper or lower back.
Unlike standard upright exercise bikes, recumbent exercise bikes come with low impact and ergonomic designs. Such bikes help you avoid any leaning over that usually happens in indoor cycling or upright exercise bikes. However, over time, it can result in increased back pain. Secondly, unlike treadmills, your knees will not experience the hard-hitting action while working out, as it is a low-impact exercise. Similarly, it will not unnaturally work on your hips, as you do on ellipticals. To summarise, a recumbent exercise bike ensures a straight and familiar forward leg motion for cycling with a welcome twist of relaxed backs.
Apart from low-impact workouts, recumbent exercise bikes can achieve unmatchable cardio excellence, reducing heart disease risk. You will get your legs and butt toned. Your overall fitness level goes up due to cardio activities because research supports the fact that 20 minutes of cardio per day that increases your heart rate is desirable. Recumbent exercise bikes are good at burning calories by increasing resistance.
A recumbent exercise bike is a stationary cycle with a seat and backrest. Unlike upright bikes, you don’t pedal down below but in the front. It usually has a magnetic resistance through the flywheel. It mimics cycling on regular roads. It targets your lower body muscles, including glutes, thighs and calves, even abdominal ones. All in all, it is a low-impact way of generating a high impact on your fitness.
1. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Product Features of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike has a total of 29 pre-set programs, out of which you can customize four programs. Besides, it includes nine programs for heart rate control, 12 for profiling, two fitness tests, and one each for quick start and recovery. In addition, you can monitor a total of 13 fitness parameters on its DualTrack two-screen system that are blue backlit.
It is compatible with My Fitness Pal and the Explore The World App, where you can track your goals with Bluetooth data transfer functions for parameters like calories, time, and distance. In addition, this recumbent exercise bike has a high-inertia, high-perimeter weighted flywheel that aligns with 25 eddy current resistance levels, ensuring quiet and smooth workouts.
Comfort gets high priority with its lumbar supporting backrest that is contoured and ventilated. There is also a large vented seat back combined with a contoured leg area in your padded seat. You can quickly change gears from easy to stiff resistance with ten quick keys and vice versa.
It supports telemetry heart rate monitoring, although you need to purchase chest straps. However, the grip heart rate has an ergonomic placement to enjoy a relaxed riding position while using heart rate programs. You get durability in its single-piece frame with a walk-through design for easy access. Extensive mid-frame support coupled with two integrated levelers implies that you own an excellent platform.
Get flexibility in fore and aft seat adjustment with its quick and easy levers built into the aluminum-based slider seat rail system. In addition, you will get quality sound with its sealed acoustic chamber speakers. Also, get a USB charging port to bring your discharged devices back into life.
There are convenience features in terms of transport wheels, a 3-speed fan, and an oversized side-mounted water bottle holder.
Specs of Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimension (inches) : 64 x 27.7 x 49.9; Assembled Item Weight: 86.6 lbs; User Weight Capacity: 300 lbs; AC Power Adpater included: 50-60 Hz; Warranty: F/P/E/L: 10/2/1/¼ (Frame 10 years, Parts: 2 Years, Electronics: 1 year; Labor: 90 days).
PROS OF SCHWINN 270 RECUMBENT BIKE
- It has 25 digitally controlled magnetic resistance levels and 29 pre-set programs with four customizable profiles.
- The price is handsome, suggesting total value for your money.
- You can track your fitness goals with popular leading interactive apps.
- You get comfortable seating with its cushioned seat bottom and ventilated seatbacks.
- The machine is compact, and transport wheels help save space.
- Media rack with USB charging port and MP3 port and sound system add to the spice.
- Wireless heart rate receiver with blue tooth export help monitor your health vitals.
- It offers a durable frame, quick keys, cooling fan, water bottle holder, and much more.
CONS OF SCHWINN 270 RECUMBENT BIKE
- The Chest strap is not included, and you have to shell out $50 to $60 to buy one.
- You cannot adjust the height of the control panel.
- It is not suitable for tall or short people who do not fall in the height range of 5’2″ to 6′.
2. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Product Features of Schwinn 230 Recumbent Exercise Bike
It is a low-impact rehab exercise option that is akin to sitting down in a desk chair. You get lumbar support with its high back. Although the seat has contours and ventilation to keep you cool, the padding is missing. People up to a height of up to 6 feet can move the machine forward to backward to adjust. The seat rail slider technology can customize it for every user through easily adjustable levers. It has a sturdy frame to provide you with a stable workout platform and, by the way, is easy to assemble.
You get to control its 20 levels of resistance digitally or use pre-set programs to allow the bike to manage it. You are providing a wide variety of workout intensity options-high inertia, high-speed perimeter-weighted 13.2-pound flywheel technology powers the resistance. The contact sensors in its handlebars can measure your heart rate. There is a ledge to keep your mobile or magazine on it. The user-friendly console is streamlined and has an MP3 player jack with small dual speakers and a USB port to charge your devices.
The console also has an accessory tray, a water bottle holder, and a 3-speed cooling fan. There is a provision to attach the accessory tray and bottle holder on either side of your bike. You can view your device or read material with a streamlined media shelf. You can connect your bike with popular cycling fitness apps like Zwift and Explore the World, but you will need to subscribe to them to get the best mileage.
There is a 5.5-inch segment LCD to help you track goals with its improved visibility of programs. You can monitor your fitness data like time, distance, calories, speed, heart rate, and RPM. You can enable the Bluetooth heart rate to stay in the zone but need to buy the strap separately.
Specs of Schwinn 230 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimension (inches): 64 x 27 x 44.5; Product Item Weight: 80 lbs; User Weight Capacity: 300 lbs; Warranty (F/P/E/L) – 10/2/1/¼
PROS OF SCHWINN 230 RECUMBENT BIKE
- It offers digital-controlled 20 levels of resistance, ensuring a wide variety of intensities.
- Seating is very comfortable with contours, adjustability, and ventilation.
- The console is well organized and user-friendly with a device ledge and USB and MP3 port.
- You get access to popular fitness apps.
- The pedaling is smooth in this compact and durable machine design.
- You can enjoy the inbuilt sound system while working out.
- A cooling fan with three speed and water bottle can keep you hydrated and comfortable during challenging moments.
CONS OF SCHWINN 230 RECUMBENT BIKE
- There is no cushioning on the seat.
- People above six feet in height cannot use it.
- The warranty period of 90 days for labor is too small.
3. ProForm Recumbent Bike
Product Features of ProForm Recumbent Exercise Bike
Here is a recumbent exercise bike to discover workouts that your trainer designs for you by controlling your machine resistance. It is an iFit enabled bike where virtual trainers will take you to different locations on each continent. Your workouts will fluctuate in intensity to keep your heart pumping for more. You may also choose from a professional group of world-class trainers. It also provides you an opportunity to exercise with a community of like-minded people.
It gives you complete access to on-demand workouts, including studio and global ones. You can now enjoy a professional workout class or bike through some of the great scenic locations of the world. In addition, it automatically records every session, which determines your future nutrition plans and workout routines.
It comes with a terrain matching technology where you can get the feel of climbing a mountain from the comfort of your living room. By the way, you stay hydrated during tough workouts because built-in water bottle holders keep hydration within your reach.
The state-of-the-art SMR (Silent Magnetic Resistance) works overtime to keep your workouts quiet. Moreover, you get the fitness that fits you with its high-quality ergonomic seats. Most users can adjust the center along the railing to choose the best fit with the optimum comfort level. The contoured seat comes with plush padding for lumbar support. The pedals, too, are ergonomic and extra wide. You get toe straps to keep your feet in place while working out. The handlebars feature in-built pulse grip sensors to monitor your heart rate, giving you valuable data within a couple of seconds. A built-in cooling fan keeps you cool the moment you start pedaling with two-speed settings.
Experience immersive workouts while watching your fitness metrics like time, heart rate, calorie burnt, speed, mileage on its easy-to-read backlit LCD. You can also use your tablet holder to watch and follow your iFit workouts.
Specs of ProForm Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimension: 22.25 x 68.25 x 52; 25 SMR resistance levels; 18 lbs flywheel; User weight capacity: 350 lbs; iFit enabled; 5″ backlit LCD; EKG Grip pulse sensor; Solid steel frame; Quickspeed buttons; Tablet holder; transport wheels; water bottle holders; oversized levelers; Warranty (F/P/L) – 10/1/1
PROS OF PROFORM RECUMBENT BIKE
- It is an affordable iFIT enabled bike that can connect to your smart devices like iPad and smartphone.
- The trainer controls your resistance to adjust it as per workout plans.
- You can visit the scenic locations across the globe from the comfort of your living room.
- You can choose your trainers from a broad group.
- It can adjust future workouts bases on data of existing workouts.
- Terrain matching technology lets you feel the resistance of climbing mountains.
- SMR technology keeps your workouts super-quiet.
- The seats are ergonomic, contoured, and cushioned.
CONS OF PROFORM RECUMBENT BIKE
- You need to pay for expensive iFit subscriptions.
- Seat adjustment handles are located at an awkward place, making it difficult to reach while sitting down.
4. Nordictrack Recumbent Bike
Product Features of Nordictrack Recumbent Exercise Bike
It is like an interactive personal trainer for your home gym. This bike can deliver challenging workouts while providing the best possible comfortable body support to you in adjustable seats, lumbar support, and ergonomic design.
It sports a seven-inch innovative HD touchscreen to provide an immersive and interactive workout experience with full statistic tracking and cross-training. It has 26 different levels of live resistance to offer a new workout every day from its ever-growing library. Convenient one-touch controls will keep you charged up endlessly by giving your body something new every time. Moreover, SMR (Silent Magnetic Resistance) can challenge you quietly.
Besides, it has two Bluetooth speakers and an integrated pivot tablet holder. You also get EKG Grip Pulse heart rate monitoring with a chest strap included. In addition, there are live workout leaderboards, an option to talk to your trainer, and indoor and outdoor workouts to keep you going.
Specs of Nordictrack Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimension: 68 x21.75 x 80; 7″ Smart HD Touchscreen; iFit membership for one year; Integrated, Pivoting Tablet Holder; Aux Port; two Bluetooth speakers; User weight capacity: 350 lbs; 26 digital resistance levels; EKG grip pulse; SMR (Silent Magnetic Resistance); 25-pound high inertia flywheel; Steel Frame; Smar chest strap included; Easyglide seat adjustment; AutoBreeze cooling fan; Oversized, Lumbar-Supported Cushion Seat; Transport wheels; Warranty (F/P/L): 10/2/1 Yr.
PROS OF NORDICTRACK RECUMBENT BIKE
- It includes one year of free membership to iFit worth $396.
- SMR technology challenges you quietly.
- It has an inertia enhanced 25 lbs flywheel for seamless workouts.
- There are 26 digital resistance levels with one-touch controls.
- Ergonomic seats provide lumbar support and easy gliding adjustments.
- A seven-inch bright HD screen keeps track of vital fitness data.
- A chest strap for heart rate included that works in seconds.
CONS OF NORDICTRACK RECUMBENT BIKE
- You may have to get a subscription to get the most out of your bike.
- A labor warranty of only one year is too small.
5. Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike
Product Features of Nautilus R616 Recumbent Exercise Bike
You can set track and monitor your fitness progress with popular cycling fitness apps using enhanced Bluetooth connectivity. In addition, you can digitally immerse yourself in the world of virtual trails, exotic locations, and stunning courses all over the world using the Explore the World app. There are three free tracks, but you can unlock the world as a whole of immersive training by subscribing to the ETW app.
Some of the key features include 29 customizable workout programs, DualTrack blue backlit LCD console display, 25 resistance levels to ensure a wide range of workout intensities. Besides, it offers excellent comfort with its padded seat with ventilated back and sliding seat rail system for adjustable seating.
It offers comfort and connectivity to keep everyone coming back for more. Today’s app-based tools, Bluetooth connectivity, and several workout programs can help you achieve stellar results and peak performance. For instance, 29 programs include 9 for heart rate control, 12 for profiling, 4 for customizing workouts. Besides, there are two fitness tests, one quick start and one recovery test program available. Similarly, the Bluetooth function lets you track your time, distance, and calories-based goals using your favorite fitness apps. Furthermore, when you sync with the ETW app, you can ride through several real-life locations globally along with a community of fitness enthusiasts in real-time.
Finally, you get smooth and consistent workouts with its high inertia and high-speed perimeter weighted flywheel system. In addition, its DualTrack LCD with media shelf, in-built speakers with MP3 compatibility, USB charging port, and adjustable cooling fan infuse extra life into your bike.
Specs of Nautilus R616 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimension (inches): 65.3 x 28.3 x 49.6; user weight capacity: 300 lbs; Assembled item weight: 91.9 lbs; Warranty (F/P-E/L: 10/3/1
PROS OF NAUTILUS R616 RECUMBENT BIKE
- Bluetooth connectivity enables goal tracking of fitness data with your favorite apps online.
- It has 29 customizable programs, including profile, heart rate, custom, and testing, etc.
- It has the DualTrack LCD console with a media rack, cooling fan, USB port.
- There are 25 resistance levels to add variety.
- The seating is comfortable with padding, ventilation, and adjustability options.
- It has high inertia high-speed drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for smooth workouts.
- In-built console speakers with an MP3 port add music to your routine.
CONS OF NAUTILUS R616 RECUMBENT BIKE
- You may need to spend more on subscriptions.
- LCD is not adjustable.
6. SB500 Recumbent Bike
Product Features of SB500 Recumbent Exercise Bike
It offers fluid motion with its 22 lb flywheel system. You get a smooth and quiet experience with its friction-free magnetic resistance with 20 levels.
The bike comes with a large easy to read 6.5 inch LCD screen that displays vital fitness data like heart rate, calories, distance, and time with a simple yet effective interface. The hand pulse grips on the lower handlebars with an in-built heart rate receiver work with an included chest belt for advanced HR monitoring. In addition, you get a good dose of entertainment with integrated speakers and audio jacks.
Comfort gets priority in this bike with its padded seat with mesh-type seatback, where you get additional support during workouts for a recumbent seating position and low-impact exercises. In addition, a large group of users can use the bike because of oversized adjustable foot pedals. Finally, a built-in cooling fan keeps you cool and comfortable, especially during those long and challenging workouts.
This bike has a step-through design that is compact and accessible. In addition, it has a large adjustable seat that can accommodate athletes up to a height of 6’4″ and a weight limit of 300 pounds. Finally, there are seven pre-set programs, two heart rate controlled programs, one manual program, and two user-defined, along with 20 levels of resistance are enough to challenge athletes of all fitness levels.
Specs of SB500 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Dimensions: 54.8 x 27.7 x 47.1 inches; Item weight: 128. 3 lbs; user weight capacity: 300 lbs; 6.5″ LCD; ECB magnetic resistance levels: 20; Flywheel weight: 22 lbs; cooling fan; Transport wheels; Hand pulse grip sensors with heart rate transmitters; Warranty (F/P/L): L/3/1 (Lifetime on Frame and Break)
PROS OF SB500 RECUMBENT BIKE
- This recumbent exercise bike offers a confident lifetime warranty on the frame and brake.
- There are 20 different friction-free magnetic resistance levels.
- It comes with a 22-pound heavy-duty flywheel system for fluid motion.
- The LCD screen of 6.5 inches is large enough to track fitness data with its simple yet effective interface.
- It offers hand pulse grips on the lower handlebars with an in-built heart rate receiver for effective monitoring through included chest strap.
- Padded seats with back add to the comfort with adjustable seating that can accommodate users up to 6’4″ and 300 pounds.
- Integrated speakers with an audio jack can keep you entertained.
- It includes an emergency brake for safety and a water bottle holder for hydration.
CONS OF SB500 RECUMBENT BIKE
- You do not get any immersive training as app connectivity with popular apps is missing.
- The shape of the saddle feels a bit substandard.
- The pulse sensor position may not suit everyone.
7. Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Product Features of Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Marcy ME-709 is an adjustable recumbent exercise bike that can keep you fit while being comfortable. It has eight default resistance levels made possible by its smooth magnetic resistance technology. This heavy-duty bike allows you to improve your cardio performance, increase stamina, and reduce fat from the comfort of your living room. If we talk about the durability of this recumbent exercise bike, it has a heavy-duty steel tube frame with powder-coated finishing.
It offers maximum comfort all along with your workout with contoured foam-covered handlebars with adjustable high-density foam seats. This bike features an accessible step-through frame design for easy riding and exit. Besides, it also ensures safety for you with its weighted, counter-balanced pedals with adjustable straps. It comes with an easy-to-read computer display for fitness tracking of parameters like calories burnt, distance, speed, time, and distance.
It qualifies as a piece of perfect exercise equipment for your home because it has transport wheels and a compact design. As a result, you can store your bike quickly and claim your space when not in use. All you have to do is tilt the unit on the wheels and move it around. In addition, your bike features recumbent handlebars and a seatback pad which add comfort for you during long workout sessions.
This bike can give you a perfect stride to your legs because its seat is adjustable. However, you can quickly adjust the resistance using the resistance knobs. The knob is conveniently located under the handlebars so that it is easy to do so without interrupting your workout.
This bike features looped pedals with grips for enhanced safety during workouts. Its oversized textured pedals can provide an excellent safe grip to your feet as you pedal. Moreover, the pedal straps are there to ensure that your feet don’t slip off when you pedal intensely during those high-energy rides.
Specs of Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Assembled Dimensions: 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches; Heavy-duty steel tubing frame with powder-coated finish; Weighted pedals with adjustable straps; Step-thru design; Transport wheels; Adjustable seats; 8 resistance levels; Inseam height: 27 to 37 inches
PROS OF MARCY ME 709 RECUMBENT BIKE
- It is a durable bike with heavy-duty steel construction with powder coating.
- The handlebars are foam-covered.
- The high-density foam seats are adjustable.
- The step-through design is accessible for easy entry and exit.
- It offers safety with weighted counter-balanced looped textured pedals and adjustable straps.
- The computer is easy to read with vital fitness data.
- The transport wheel ensures that you can move it around quickly and store it when not used.
- Since the seat is adjustable, you can get a perfect stride while working out.
- Adjustable resistance knob is conveniently located under the handlebars ensuring that you can adjust them while working out.
- It offers recumbent handlebars and seatback to ensure a comfortable ride during long sessions.
CONS OF MARCH 709 RECUMBENT BIKE
- There are only eight levels of resistance which is relatively low when compared to alternate bikes.
- The manual knob for resistance adjustment has conventional looks.