Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine Review
The Schwinn 470 Elliptical offers a low-impact exercise with 26 resistance levels and 29 workout programs. It is an attractively priced premium trainer to mesmerize you with its fluid motion and top-of-the-line features like motorized incline, 20-inch stride, and high inertia flywheel. It has full compatibility with the most popular fitness apps so that you get inspired with an immersive experience. You can build endurance and lose weight with its cardio and leg/arm workouts.
The low-impact feature ensures that it will be less strenuous on your muscles and joints or even help you recover from an injury. It is a complete workout for all fitness levels and ages, offering an entire lineup of innovative yet affordable features that integrate well with the latest apps and technology. It has an intuitive design with a user-friendly interface. Groundbreaking cardio solutions, a full-featured console, and accessible data tracking provide you with a Schwinn way of fitness. Affordability meets durability to introduce a topline model at a sub $1000 price, which is nothing but pure value for money.
Salient Features of Schwinn 470 Elliptical
Schwinn 470 Elliptical comes with an excellent bouquet of preset and customizable workouts and allows up to 4 users to personalize their workout routines by saving different profiles. It includes 29 workout programs similar to your favorite machine at the gym across the street:
1. It has one (1) Manual mode for a quick start
2. There are three (3) Fitness Test programs: Beginner, Advanced, and Recover.
3. It includes twelve (12) Profile programs, including Challenges, Fun Rides, and Mountain Rides.
4. Four (4) User-defined programs let them customize their workout routines.
5. It also features nine (9) Heart rate control programs, including Beginner, Advanced, or Custom.
All these workout programs help you build a fitness routine that ensures the results you want. Some settings are completely pre-programmed, whereas customizable settings are intuitive, indicating a higher degree of user-friendliness.
App Connectivity via Bluetooth
Schwinn 470 elliptical machine can track fitness metrics through Bluetooth connectivity. It can quickly transfer your fitness data like time, distance, and calories burnt to fitness apps for app-based tracking. The Elliptical comes with a free accompanying app known as Schwinn Trainer. After completing each session, it automatically transfers the metrics to this app via Bluetooth.
You may connect to many other popular apps such as Explore the World, Map My Run/ Ride, Apple Health, Google Fit, UA, Run Social, or My Fitness Pal for an immersive training experience. For instance, Explore the World app immerses you in a world of spectacular trails, exotic locales, and virtual paths from around the globe. Similarly, Run Social lets you move through scenic locations and routes. You can record global routes and share those results on social media.
Sturdy and Smooth Engineering
Schwinn 470 elliptical has central frame support with an oversized crossbar and a front flywheel, giving it a durable appeal. It is pretty heavy at 164 lbs, but you can move it around quickly with transport wheels on the front side. It has a sturdy design to accommodate users up to 300 pounds safely. You may need to buy a mat to protect your machine from sweat and water and avoid flooring damage.
Schwinn 470 elliptical mimics a natural running motion with its foot motion technology: Precision Path with non-adjustable 20-inch stride. As a thumb rule, a stride length range of 18 to 21 inches is perfect for most heights. It feels comfortable with oversized foot pedals, placement of moving handlebars, and a set of static handlebars. The foot pedals have cushions to make your long-duration workouts more comfortable. You can place your feet in positions that are convenient for you. Moreover, you get flexibility in hand placement due to the ergonomically placed moving handlebars.
The console design has an in-built media rack, large water bottle holder (center-mounted), a three-speed fan, MP3 port, and USB charging port. You can place a tablet on the media shelf for reading or following along with a fitness training app. It does not block your view as you can watch TV on your smart device while tracking progress at the machine display. It also features sealed acoustic chamber speakers ensuring a great quality sound.
Resistance and Incline
You can seamlessly choose your workout intensity from a wide range of 25 resistance levels. Resistance determines calorie burnt per stride. The more levels you have, the more accurately you can control the difficulty level. It adds resistance with Eddy Current Breaking (ECB), an electromagnetic system.
Unlike motorized or manual systems used in other machines, most higher-end ellipticals prefer ECB resistance systems. It smoothly aligns with high inertia high-speed perimeter-weighted flywheel, ensuring a near-silent workout. Besides, Schlimm 470 Elliptical permits you to change your incline while exercising with its 10 degrees motorized adjustable ramp for challenging exercises.
The machine computer is high-end at the current price point. It has adjustable and easy-to-read machine controls due to its high-quality blue backlit display. You can monitor up to thirteen display feedbacks on this DualTrack LCD Window system. There are ten quick keys to change incline and resistance (five each) rapidly, making you quickly shift from moderate to challenging or vice-versa. Quick controls allow you to select options with the touch of a button.
Herat Rate Monitor
Contact grip and telemetry built into the handlebars can also detect heart rate. The heart rate monitor is a bit off-mark, and we recommend using a chest strap for more accurate results. However, you need to purchase the chest strap separately.
Pricing and Warranty
If you compare Schlimm 470 Elliptical to other Schwinn models or other high-end models, you will find a top-tier machine with mid-level pricing. It is a good-looking elliptical with a fitness center look with a price below $1000. It comes with an extended ten-year warranty on its frame, two years on parts, one year on electronics, and 90 days on labor. If you are unsure about assembling the elliptical yourself, you need to spend $250 when purchasing from the manufacturer site or $90 in the case of Amazon. It is worth the extra bucks, especially when you are not confident to assemble it yourself.
PROS OF SCHWINN 470 ELLIPTICAL
- It comes with 29 preset and customizable workout programs to build a fitness routine as per your preference. You get enough variety with different options to choose from, including quick start, profile programs, user-defined solutions, and heart rate control modes.
- Four users can customize the Elliptical for a personalized experience by saving their individual preferences separately with dedicated programs and goal settings.
- Bluetooth connectivity ensures the quick transfer of data to a free app Schwinn Trainer after completing a session.
- You can also connect to popular fitness apps such as Explore the World, Run Social, My Fitness Pal, UA, Google Fit, Apple Health, Map My Run/ Ride to have an immersive workout experience.
- It is a durable elliptical machine that can support user weight up to 300 pounds with a machine weight of 164 pounds.
- The design of Schwinn 470 Elliptical is full of ergonomic features ensuring comfort and convenience.
- It provides natural running motion with Precision Path technology that mimics natural movements.
- It has a comfortable 20-inch stride for a low-impact workout.
- The oversized footplates are convenient for adjusting positions as per your preferences.
- The cushioning on foot pedals is precisely comfortable during long-duration exercises.
- You get enough flexibility in hand placemen due to the perfect placement of moving handlebars.
- The console has an attractive design with a media rack, USB port, and MP3 port.
- You can watch TV on your device while using the Elliptical.
- The media rack does not block your view of LCD, ensuring that you stay updated with the latest fitness metrics all the time.
- It has a USB charging point, sound system, and mobile device shelf for supporting multimedia during workouts.
- There is enough space for a large water bottle, smartphone, tablet, audio device, etc.
- The three-speed fan atop your console can keep you cool while you sweat it out.
- Integrated acoustic chamber speakers ensure entertainment when you need it.
- There are 25 resistance levels to challenge you with moderate to extreme intensities.
- The resistance technology uses the preferred ECB: Eddy Current Breaking (electromagnetic) system. It is a preferred choice of most high-end Ellipticals.
- You get a quiet and smooth operation due to its high inertia flywheel with perimeter-weighted functionality.
- It has convenient transport wheels in the front for quick movements for space-saving or storage when not in use.
- You can change the incline level with a 10-degree motorized ramp to challenge you further.
- The DualTrack backlit LCD has a high-end computer with easy to read machine controls.
- You get five quick keys to adjust incline and resistance to shift each from moderate to extreme intensity.
- It provides 13 different display feedback data on the DualTrack LCD window system.
- The contact grip telemetry in handlebars detects heart rate automatically. You can monitor your heart rate effectively.
- It is a high-end machine at a mid-level price because you get topline features and design.
- It has a durable frame with a 10-year warranty. Besides, you get a guarantee of two years on parts and one year on electronics.
- It comes with colossal brand equity of famous American fitness brand Schwinn.
- You can choose to assemble the Schlimm 470 Elliptical yourself or order an installation by company professionals for an additional payment.
- It provides a full-body workout, including legs, arms, and cardio.
- It is a complete workout for people of all ages and all fitness levels as it has a low impact on joints and muscles.
- It can even help you recover from an injury because low-impact workouts go easy with joints and do not put excessive pressure on them.
- It is an excellent value-for-money product at below the $1000 price point.
CONS OF SCHWINN 470 ELLIPTICAL
- The labor warranty of 90 days is too short if you compare it with other models at this price point.
- It does not provide a wireless heart rate receiver or chest strap, and you have to buy it separately.
- The front-drive Elliptical pedals don’t have an adjustable angle which could have been better for ergonomy.
- According to some customer reviews, some parts tend to break, E.g., Handlebars, rollers, and pedals.
- Inbuilt speakers are not suitable for loud music and are a bit substandard.
- You have to buy a mat separately to protect lower parts from water and sweat or protect your floors.
- The assembly charges are very high if you order the machine directly from the manufacturer.
- Only one app is free. You will have to pay extra to subscribe or access features of other popular fitness apps.
Machine Specs of Schwinn 470 Elliptical
1. Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) : 178 x 71.5 x 160.5 cm or 70 x 28.2 x 63.2
2. Display: Dualtrack 2 LCD Screen System
3. User Weight Capacity: Maximum 300 pounds or 136 kg
4. Assembled Item Weight: 164 pounds or 174.5 kg
5. Flywheel: Perimeter Weighted (High Inertia)
6. Programs: 29
7. User Profiles: 4
8. Number of Resistance Levels: 25
9. Resistance Type: Adjusts Electronically
10. Pedals: Large Cushioned Footplates
11. Incline: Manually Adjustable Ramp
12. Precision Path Stride Length: 20 inches
13. Heart Rate Sensor: Telemetry Heart Rate Enabled (Contact Grips)
14. Power Source: Wall outlet (110-120V)
15. Power Cord: Included
16. Warranty: 10/2/1/90D – Frame:10 Years/Parts:2 Years/Electronics: 1 Year/Labor:90 Days
17. Transport Wheels: Yes
18. Quick Controls: Yes
19. Cooling Fans: Yes
20. Speakers: Yes
21. Accessory Tray: Yes
22. Upper Body: Yes
23. Foldable: No
Schwinn 470 Elliptical machine is a durable high-end product full of innovative features providing a fitness center look with a durable frame and ergonomic engineering. You get high-end features like fitness app connectivity, easy data tracking, 29 programs, 25 resistance levels, Bluetooth, 20-inch stride, Dual Track LCD, and electromagnetic resistance at an attractive price point.
Suppose you are looking for an attractively priced full feature Elliptical machine with a low impact workout without compromising the latest technology. In that case, we recommend this machine to home users looking forward to a value-for-money bargain.